Judy K. Sakaki, President
Thursday, April 4, 2002
Current Issue Date
Tuesday, February 27, 2018
Thursday, March 1, 2018
This policy constitutes campus implementation of California State University Executive Order 1106 and Section 42728 of Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations.
- Covered Actions and Eligible Employees
The following procedure shall be utilized by an employee of Sonoma State University who is a member of the Management Personnel Plan (MPP) at the California State University who requests reconsideration of personnel decisions that are adverse to the employee, including those relating to retention, evaluation, promotion, demotion, assignment, reassignment and/or hours of work. It is the policy of Sonoma State University to encourage discussion and seek resolution of such requests.
- This procedure provides for two stages of review
- The initial review consists of a meeting between the employee and the employee’s appropriate administrator. In cases involving non-retention or demotion, the employee may initiate the reconsideration request with the campus Human Resources Department rather than the employee’s appropriate administrator. The appropriate administrator (or HR representative) and employee shall meet to discuss the matter. Meetings and communications (including written responses) to the employee seeking reconsideration of a personnel action must be completed in a timely manner.
- The request for reconsideration must be initiated within 30 calendar days of the decision giving rise to the request by a written request from the employee to the appropriate administrator or the campus Human Resources Department seeking to arrange an appointment
- If the matter is not resolved at the initial meeting, the employee may notify the Human Resources Department, which has been designated by the President to oversee personnel matters, in writing, describing the nature of the reconsideration request and the results of the initial meeting. This request must be received by the Human Resources Department within 14 days of the initial meeting. The Human Resources Department will ensure a second-level review to discuss the reconsideration. Following this meeting, the Human Resources Department will, within 30 days, issue a final determination in writing to the employee regarding their reconsideration request.